Mastering present continuous tense. The Present Continuous is mainly used to express the idea that something is happening at the moment of speaking. The Present Continuous also describes activities generally in progress (not at the moment). Another use of the tense is to talk about temporary actions or future plans.
The use of present continuous tense
- Present actions
- Temporary actions
- Longer actions in progress
- Future (personal) arrangements and plans
- Tendencies and trends
Examples of present continuous tense
- I am reading this book now
- It's raining now
- Jack is sleeping now
- Dewi is working on that task
- We were watching a movie on TV
- They're playing ball in the yard now
- The teacher was explaining the lesson
- We are reading a newspaper now
- Budi, To'o and Aan is discussing right now
- Is Mrs. Wulan cooking in the kitchen ?
- Ulis Juwanda, Ajat and Sule are studying their homework at the moment
- Mr. Asep is not going to campus
- Mr. Noey is writting a letter
- Rizal is watching a football match on TV
- Do you hear something ?
- My brother is leaving for Campus by motorcycle this afternoon
- Are They seeing the Movie tonight ?
- He always forgot to bring books
- Mr. Tatang was teaching English in campus right now
- She is not staying in Bekasi
http://www.englishtenses.com/tenses/present_continuous. Accesed on January 5 2013
http://rizalvm.blogspot.com/2010/07/20-contoh-kalimat-present-continuous.html. Accesed on January 5 2013