Definition of Information Report dan Contoh Soal - Do you often read encyclopedias, books, or other sources which give you information on something? You may find information reports on different things from those sources. If you are curious of the cultural tradition from other regions such as thanksgiving celebration, you can find that type of information there. Can you write such information reports? Learn those and more in this post.
Definition of Information Report
Information Report is a report or text which is aimed to give information for the reader. Information report consists of two main parts.
- General information
- Bundles of more specific information
The social purpose of information reports is presenting information about something. They generally describe an entire class of things, whether natural or made: mammals, the planets, rocks, plants, and computers, countries of origin, transportation, and so on.
The common grammatical patterns of an information report include:
- Use of general nouns, eg hunting dogs, rather than particular nouns, eg our dog;
- Use of relating verbs to describe features, eg Molecules is tiny particles;
- Some use of action verbs when describing behaviour, eg Emus cannot fly;
- Use of timeless present tense to indicate usualiness, eg Tropical cyclones always begins over the sea;
- Use of technical terms, eg Isobars is lines drawn on a weather map;
- Use of paragraphs with topic sentences to organise bundles of information; repeated naming of the topic as the beginning focus of the clause.
Example of Information Report
There is a holiday called Labour Thanksgiving Day (Kinrô kansha no hi) in Japan. It is a national holiday in Japan and it takes place annually on November 23. It is held as an occasion for commemorating labour and production and giving one another thanks.
Events are held throughout Japan in this holiday, such as Nagano Labour Festival. The event encourages thinking about the environment, peace and human rights.
It is not unusual for early grade elementary students to create drawings for the holiday and give them as gifts to local kobans, or police stations.
Labor Thanksgiving Day is actually the modern version for an ancient rice harvest festival known as Niiname-sai, believed to have been held as long ago as November of 678.
Traditionally, it celebrated the year’s hard work; during the Niiname-sai ceremony, the Emperor would dedicate the year’s harvest to kami (spirits), and taste the rice for the fi rst time.
The modern holiday was established after World War II in 1948 as a day to mark some of the changes of the postwar constitution of Japan, including fundamental human rights and the expansion of workers rights. Currently Niiname-sai is held privately by the Imperial Family while Labour Thanksgiving Day has become a national holiday.
Revealing Information from Information Report
To know more about an information report please choose the correct answer to every question below based on the text above.
1. What is the information about? a. Labour Day.
b. Labour Thanksgiving Day.
c. Thanksgiving Day.
e. Japanese national holidays.
2. When is it held? a. October 24.
b. October 23.
c. November 13.
d. November 23.
e. November 24.
3. What is it held for? a. To celebrate the first harvest.
b. To celebrate labour, production, and thank each other.
c. To encourage human right, celebrate the first harvest and thank each other.
d. To give the spirit some offering.
e. To taste the fi rst rice from the harvest.
4. When is Kinrô kansha no hi fi rst held?
a. After World War I in 1948.
b. Before World War I in 1948.
c. After World War II in 1948.
d. Before World War II in 1948.
e. After World War II in 1943.
5. What is Niiname-sai?
a. A harvest celebration.
b. Labour Day celebration.
c. Labour Thanksgiving Day celebration.
d. A Japanese national holiday.
e. An International holiday.
6. Who held Niiname-sai privately? a. People.
c. Imperial family.